The 4KMR-10A now includes a new 12 VDC power supply with built-in microprocessor controller that automatically turns the repeater off in the event of an oscillation.
Please contact Digital Antenna if analog service is being used, the microprocessor 12 VDC power supply can not be used with analog service. Digital Antenna will send you a replacement power supply if analog service is being used.
Troubleshooting all digital (not analog) cell service:
- Red or flashing red light on the power supply indicates the antennas need to be re-located. The power supply turns off the repeater when an oscillation between antennas is detected. After the antennas are re-located, reset the power supply by unplugging it from the cigarette lighter and plug it back in.
- The outside antenna must be centered on the metal portion of the car roof. With a sunroof present, the magnetic mount antenna should be centered on the metal part of the roof between the sunroof and rear window. Try the inside antenna attached to the headrest with a rubber or elastic band. Low on the center console may not be the best location.
- The 4KMR-10A system can only be used with a metal roof vehicle; it cannot be used on a convertible or vehicle with a composite roof structure.
- The power supply will reset itself after 90 seconds. After 5 automatic resets, you must manually reset the power supply by unplugging the cigarette adapter.
- Is the car stationary? The car must be outdoors.
- Is there metal around or near the car?
- Is there a flat wall next to the car?
- Even if the antennas are properly separated, a signal bounce could come inside the window to the inside antenna. The unit will try to power on again in 90 seconds but will only stay on if the signal reflection bounce is gone (i.e. a truck driving by the vehicle).
During normal operation, the lights on the repeater and the power supply should stay green. Please contact Digital Antenna if you have tried all above steps and are unable to get the lights on the 12 VDC power supply and repeater to stay green.